Fire caused by a cigarette
We must act without judging. I found out from the press about a case of major importance.
We need a team of people to help clear the garbage from an apartment that burned in a fire 2 days ago. It sounds overwhelming, but miracles with people are done.
The apartment belongs to an elderly lady who life has brought in a situation from which she can no longer get out. The drama is both hers, the animals she takes care of, but also her neighbors.
We know Mrs. Nuti, she is our “client” for sterilizing and treating stray animals. At the time of the trouble, an old woman, an old puppy and 6 cats lived in the house. The old woman and the puppy were evacuated, but the cats remained in the apartment, none of those present on the spot knowing of their existence. After the fire was extinguished, the apartment was sealed until the next day. Knowing the existence of cats, I counted the hours until we could see if they were still alive. And the joy of seeing them in life made us cry. They survived, miraculously.
It is obvious that we are needed, the people who must help this good woman’s soul; she is a little lost due to her age, but we can create together an environment in which she can lead her old age in safety and health.
Does anyone have a solution? Is anyone willing to spend a few hours helping out voluntarily?
We offer protective masks and gloves, household bags.
P. S. The old woman has nowhere to sleep.
We must mobilize as soon as possible.